Friday, October 19, 2007

An evening like all the evenings are in the "real life"

Today was a very "real life" day... and I enjoyed it a lot...

After lunch and a meeting a had to go to University Square and after solving some problems I decided to walk instead of taking the subway or a bus (the other reason was because my monthly ticket is not valid anymore..)... And it was a good decision...

It was the middle of the day and I was taking a walk on the main street in Bucharest... People were in a hurry but I was very calm... On my way I bought a book that I am vey anxious to read (Aurora Liiceanu and Alice Nastase - Dinscolo de bine, dincoace de rau: despre iubire). I already read some pages during the 5th edition of the @ BU event calld "Access to Leadership"..

Also on my way back to the office I decided to spoil myslef... Most of the times, for me, spending money on clothes or accessories hides a frustration (or at least I was told so.. And it is kind of true.. I spend money on this kind of things only when I am angry).. Might be the case also now, but I entered one of my favourite shops and found a beautiful dress... I decided not to buy it because I needed another advice (it is a little bit shiny so not quite my style)... But still I was pretty in it..

So after "Access to Leadership" me and Oana decided to go to drink something like nothing in this world would have been planned (no other tasks, no returning home hour, no early wake up the next day)... Topper also joined us... So on our way to the coffee, we stopped again for the dress.. I already had to whom to ask for advice... But the dress was gone..

Still I am happy because I booked the same dress my size in another shop so tomorrow evening I will be trying my new dress with my high heels shoes that I wore only once :) I don't have yet any event planned for wearing them for real, but does it matter for me? NO!

As I said in a prevoius post, I spend money on junk, but on the spot, I am very happy and excited ...

So I spent the evening with Oana and Topper drinking a tea and chatting and it was soooo nice that I even forgot I should have had a skype conversation (sorry Petra)... Laughing and getting fatter (since I was told lately that I lost a lot of weight) with some yummy cakes :)

And instead of sleeping alone (which is something that I hate lately) Oana joined me at my place and we cooked and continued chatting... and at the moment she is reading (she just told me that she likes the fact that I have a lot of magazines at home) and I am writing this post but preparing to read also my new book :)

It was an incredible day... Actually, an ordinary day in which all my attention was towards only one person: ME :) And I will do this again for sure... But I will not plan it... Although for this week there is already planned a "sex and the city" getaway at a fancy restaurant :) (we still have some issues in deciding who is going to be each character from the movie :) )

Life is full of surprises and I adore the positive ones :) And I started to enjoy more and more the simple things...

No comments: